Last week in Regents Park took place the annual Taste of London Restaurant Festival. Despite the typical English “summer” weather (the venue reminded me somewhat of a ‘Glastonbury for Foodies’), I popped along on Saturday morning to see what it had to offer. And the answer is this: some of London’s best restaurants, chefs, dishes and suppliers, all in one place, with an abundance of choices of things to eat and drink. With only a couple of hours to spend there I had to choose carefully- so, what did I go for?:
• Smoked Bacon and Egg from Roux at Parliament Square
• Currywurst from the German Gymnasium
• Lamb Shoulder and aubergine from Pied à Terre
• Lamb Fettuccine and Truffle; Cod with Liquorice; Amalfi Lemon Cream, from Sartoria
• Keralan Chicken from Trishna
All washed down with a pint of Doom Bar amber ale and couple of Menabrea, an Italian blonde beer.
Not a bad selection there! Looking forward to next year already.